Friday 4 March 2016

Oodles of Doodles!


I have had much fun this week doodling...well ok drawing/sketching...whatever you choose to call it :)

Here is a brief version of what happened.....the internet went down :O
I know I know! How on earth do we manage without it? haha! Actually it was pretty inconvenient as I really do need it for my work but in these tech mad times we are in I could still use my phone for emails so I wasn't too worried (once I had emailed apologies to clients anyway)

So with no immediate work to be done and an 11 year old daughter that was sooooo bored because she couldn't interact with her virtual friends, I invited her into the craft room, much to her delight!
Amber has a very creative streak too so we decided instead of getting messy with scissors and glue we would go really old school and draw ;)
I let her decide what we would doodle and animals was her theme. Away we went drawing bunnies (well easter is around the corner) and owls and ducks, before long we had quite a collection and lots of giggles!
Ambers Bunny!
I had already decided that each one of our new characters needed something quirky, so I decided to give them all huge feet. They looked very cute and we then decided to add a small friend for each, so bunny got a butterfly, duck got a dragonfly, owl got a ladybird...and so on.
My Bunny Sketch
Seeing that they had such big feet we decided to add their little pals to their toes just to add to the cuteness :)

My Big Feet friends collection were then scanned and each redrawn in Illustrator and saved as a graphic. I can now use them as digital stamps and have already had great fun making some quick cards to show them off. I even made matching papers!
Here are just a few of my drawings and cards.





So if there is a moral to this story I guess its this...... technology is all well and good, and yes we need it but once in a while its also good for kids and adults alike to just go back to basics and enjoy being silly and creative...away from the screens! We really enjoyed it and I have a fab new collection to show off thanks to Amber :)

If you would like to have a go at Bunny or Cow they are now available in my Etsy store as a digital stamp kit with matching papers and of course their pals!

I will be adding them all over the next week or so.


















No comments: