Sunday 21 June 2015

Mario Mayhem

This has been a fun week at Ninja HQ
I have been playing with Modelling Chocolate again, this time making figures.
For a reason unknown I decided on Mario and pals, I think mainly because of the bright colours but also because, even if it did make me feel my age, they took me back to my childhood :)

Here is the result

Of course they then needed a home so I got to work and made them a cakey one. I had so much fun remembering all the little blocks and chimneys.
Best of all it was entirely made using homemade fondant and was a real test as to how well it would work on smaller details and the result was great.

I was inundated with requests for a tutorial for the figures so this has now been added to the tutorial page above. Please have a go :)

No comments: